Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Closing on to version 1.0

The first releasable version is almost ready. Code completed, and unit tested.

Most notable difference from earlier versions is that I now use a suggest-box similar to Google-suggest.

Here are the screen shots:

This is the suggest box that makes a lexical analysis of the letters you type and reduces the options as you type (similar to Google-suggest.) Unfortunately I could not capture the suggested list, as screen capture keyboard entries caused the list to collapse.






I am very happy with the simplicity level I have achieved. There are no tree controls, combo boxes, groups, sophisticated grids. All search interactions are done through the use of a simple suggest-box.

I need to pack the Qt binaries and the application code on Mac first, then do the same on Windows. This should be followed by the update of web site with download instructions and the release.

No comments:

Post a Comment